Re: HELP! Getting started with CID

  • Subject: Re: HELP! Getting started with CID
  • From: "cbass233" <cbass233@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 05:24:38 -0000

I installed the mdac stuff and then reinstalled switchboard.  During
the install I get an error 1904 that says the msado26.tlb field to
register.  HRESULT = -2147024769.

Googling this leads to msft:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q299645&ID=KB;EN-US;Q299645&LN=EN

It looks like there is an issue with how the msi is built but I can't
be sure.

If I ignore the error and start switchboard I get the same problem I
had before only worse.  I get well over 100 ODBC Installer Error
message boxes.  It actually looks pretty cool watching them fill the
screen :)

In the xAP hub I get a bunch of messages with malformed addresses.

The following message caused an error during its processing.
The address is malformed and does not include a Device name.
The message was received from 192.168.1.16:1277

------------
xap-hbeat
{
v=12
interval=60
hop=1
class=xap-hbeat.stopped
source=
uid=
port=0
}

------------
The error that was generated is as follows:
The address is malformed and does not include a Device name.

Source: xAPMessage
The address is malformed and does not include a Device name.
System.FormatException: The address is malformed and does not include
a Device name.
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPAddressBase.get_Device()
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPAddressBase.IsValid(IIsValidFailure
reason)
at
KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadHeaderPair(xAPMessage
message, String line)
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadMessage()

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a7d785f-c2e0-471d-a33b-82ad1d514737&DisplayLang=en
> Switchboard uses it's db quite alot so it's really important Window's
> drivers are ok.
>
> xAPPace as you saw only supports Pace modems so really won't work on
yours.
> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15
> xAPTel  which supports modems/meteor devices will do the trick though.
> I would say, that while some have reported reasonable success in the
UK
> with USR/Pace modems  I've never found them 100%. A meteor however,
> budget allowing, is the device to look at.
>
> Switchboard itself  doesn't talk to any modems, it relies on
> xAPTel/xAPPace/...  to provide it with the call data. Think of
> switchboard as the front end,the call logger and the address book. You
> can also you it to trigger various things when calls come in, such as
> announcements/displays, and even link to Outlook2k3 .  KevinT made a
> diagram that nicely shows what you can link to what in a typical
setup.
> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=58
> hth
> James
>
> cbass233 wrote:
> > I've just started trying to get the caller ID stuff to work but
I'm
> > having nothing but problems.
> >
> > I have the message viewer, the hub and weather stuff working just
fine
> > (right out of the box it works great).  I'm running XP pro on a
system
> > that has been very stable.
> >
> > I'm now trying to get either CID or Switchboard to work.
> >
> > The CID program appears to be confused as to how to work with my
modem
> > (USRobotics 56k PCI).  In reading posts here it appears that the
code
> > is hard-coded to a particular vendor (PACE I think) and does not
use
> > TAPI.
> >
> > I hoped switchboard might get around this but it won't install.
I get
> > a cascade of
> >
> > "The ODBC installer DLL (ODBCCP32.dll) is not installed on
this
system."