Re: Why so few messages on here?

> Microsofts MSN messenger I'm afraid - as a point to point chat client.
> yes, the irc channel seems very dormant - I too have looked a few
times
> but its always quiet or empty - maybe a few of us can make more effort
> there. Most people who 'chat' on xAP are around evenings and not
during
> the day.

Although you can use MSN on Linux, for example I do at work.
IRC, I think as Kevin says the majority appear in the evening, although
I've not seen #xap get busy. Perhaps agreeing on a time to aim for would
be a good starting point.

Any suggestions of a good time ? As a start how about Friday at 8pm ?

> That's an unfortunate bi-product of the people writing the apps and
the
> largest audience for the tools being Windows based.  I have written
some
> xAP stuff in embedded ANSI C for xAP but I use Visual Basic most of
the
> time for PC applications.  James too uses VB and Stuart B uses C#
> (.Net) . Most of the scripting is in VB of course within xAP desktop
or
> HomeSeer. Patrick has written and released a lot of Linux stuff and
> James runs it for some of his servers. Stuart P was also writing some
> Linux stuff, any update S ??   After Patrick has moved home I am
hopeful
> he will have more time to spend back in the xAP community.

Great news, I've not been doing much myself recently mainly because work
is very busy we're commissioning many new systems and services, whilst
in the evening's I've been preparing for the arrival of our first child
due in March.

I've got a couple of projects in progress that will hopefully be of use,
one being an embedded linux controller.

> Of course all contributions are most welcome , indeed we are actively
> looking for people who can contribute in the Linux area and  also C++
> particularly as we have a couple of projects there. Many libraries and
> source code examples are already available...

Indeed, feel free to jump in with both feet.

Regards

Stuart