Re: Why so few messages on here?

Hi Gary,

It is quiet on here but many things are happening. Part of the issue
is that xAP is spread over many different lists/ forums and groups
including the two here on Yahoo. The developer list seems busier than
this one and the Homeseer xAP forum  too.  There are maybe half a dozen
or so forums spread around.

One other thing which makes things seem quiet  is that MSN Messenger
is used an awful lot, indeed hours every evening by the various
developers. This is really because of the latency introduced by the
Yahoo groups and the beta nature of new software.

However responses here are usually timely and I think you will find
answers to anything you need. If you are considering a project then
please ask for input and ideas. Have you looked at xAP Desktop and the
many xAP applications now available ? If you would outline what you
might be trying to achieve I'm guessing there's a load of applications
already. Do you use any existing HA automation software ?   Are you a
programmer at all ?

xAP is a collaborative effort by individuals, it is not a commercial
project , and therefore people tend to write the xAP applications that
address their own needs, interests and the products they own.  If there
are gaps in the xAP applications then everyone is always interested in
hearing what people would like to see - and even more interested if
people are interested in writing such an application ;-)    Having a
great free scripting and display engine with xAP Desktop has allowed
everyone to integrate xAP applications just as they wish so all the
tools are there now. For those using HomeSeer the xAP plugin provides
full integration with HS and all your xAP devices, again including
scripting.

In a couple of weeks you will see the launch of the first independent
hardware product with embedded xAP support. This will be the xAP Netiom
from Phaedrus, makers of the VIOM.  This is an Ethernet connected
general purpose I/O board with Analog , Serial and Digital
inputs/outputs , and an inbuilt web server and email notifyer. This
supports the BSC schema in xAP - which means when you turn it on it is
automatically recognised in say HomeSeer and can be controlled and
monitored immediately in realtime.  It can also have its inputs and
endpoints mapped through BSC Mapper for standalone operation. Very
impressive - and at a really attractive  price (circa £70)

http://www.phaedrusltd.co.uk/html/netiom.html

So fire away with your thoughts....

Kevin