Re: Why so few messages on here?

>    One other thing which makes things seem quiet  is that MSN
Messenger
> is used an awful lot,

Messenger? Are you talking about the IRC channel? Or something else on
MSN or something?

> indeed hours every evening by the various
> developers.

That would explain why I never see anyone on the #xap IRC channel. I
start up the client in the morning, see no-one there, and leave it in
the background... :-/

> If there
> are gaps in the xAP applications then everyone is always interested in
> hearing what people would like to see - and even more interested if
> people are interested in writing such an application ;-)    Having a
> great free scripting and display engine with xAP Desktop has allowed
> everyone to integrate xAP applications just as they wish so all the
> tools are there now. For those using HomeSeer the xAP plugin provides
> full integration with HS and all your xAP devices, again including
> scripting.

Those are all great tools, but at the same time they tend to make a lot
of the new, cool things be Windows-only. And some of us just don't want
to have our houses controlled by a Windows machine (or don't like doing
any development on closed, proprietary environments that keep changing
on the whim of one company).

Julf