RE: [OT] iPad query...

Hi Neil,

I already added the fuse last night after I had done the render. A 3A self
resetting type.

I am trying to keep this as low cost as possible so there is no LED. I know
an LED is cheap but it means adding a hole in the enclosure and this
machining costs more. Also, if I install an LED on the opposite side to the
connectors I have to consider how to fit the PCB as the LED would need to
be
protruding and the connectors on the other side are already doing this, so
installation would be difficult.

For the 3D modelling I use Alibre Design which is a mechanical package. I
use this to create the enclosure and the PCB shape. The actual PCB with the
components is done with Altium Designer 10 and then exported as STEP to
import to the 3D CAD. The 3D render is done with Keyshot 2 which comes with
Alibre. Alibre Design is available for a very reasonable hobby price but
sadly Altium Designer will be well out of reach of most people. There are a
few alternatives appearing with 3D but not to the same capability to use
STEP models, at least not at a low hobby price.

Regards
Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---