RE: [OT] iPad query...

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late reply.

I did do a design for Phil. You can see an image of the concept here. I
chose a small enclosure from Hammond to fit it all into. The idea is that
there is a passthrough of the USB lines and the power for the iPad would
come from the standard charger. No power would be taken from the PC. I had
thought about a diode based supply blocking or other method of switching,
but Phil said he was happy to always have the iPad charger plugged in.

http://www.axoninstruments.biz/download/iPadDualAdaptor.jpg

The schematic is here.

http://www.axoninstruments.biz/download/iPadDualAdaptorSch.pdf

I can get these made up if anyone is interested. I don't have a costing yet
as it would depend on quantity.

The other option is that I supply you the PCB design and the mechanical
drawings of the housing and it's cutouts and you make it up yourself?

I can post the necessary files if anyone wants them (PDF drawings and
gerbers for the PCB)

Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---