RE: [OT] iPad query...

Hi
Back end of last year there was a long thread re sync-ing and charging
iPads.
The basis was that an iPad needs 2 amps and usb delivers just 500mA.
Someone (Dave Mclaughlin?) was looking at
producing a splitter (charge from charger / data from usb).
Did this ever happen (Phil Harris...did you
resolve the problem this or any other way?)
Is there anything on the market?
Thanks
Peter (whose iPad using wife still mutters.........)

At 11:14 11/10/2010, you wrote:

>Hi Phil
>
>Download this document.
>
><http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk/iPadChargeSyncAdaptor.pdf>http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk/iPadChargeSyncAdaptor.pdf
>
>See if either of these will work. I have requested a quote for the
PCB's so
>once I get this back I can tell you the cost to make this.
>
>By the way, another option instead of the PLUG on the BOX, is a short
flying
>lead with a cable relief into the box. A bit like the HUB's you can
buy.

>Cheers,
>Dave.

"universal" as a