From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Phil Harris
Sent: 17 March 2011 16:05
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] iPad query...

I guess what we ought to try is just the basic unit first to see if it
actually does charge the iPad whilst syncing or maybe Apple have added some
weird-ass funnies to prevent it? :-)

Phil

Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

On 17 Mar 2011, at 04:44, "Dave McLaughlin"
<dave_mclaughlin@xxxxxxx
<mailto:dave_mclaughlin%40nerdshack.com>
> wrote:

> Actually, I agree with Kevin. I'll see if I can add some protection
for
> that. The issue is that the protection has to survive the 2A that your
> potential supply is going to provide and at 5V that's 10W to
dissipate.
> Maybe it is better to just have a USB port and at least then you will
know
> that the input is more likely to be at 5V.
>
> Good feedback guys. Keep it coming and I'll design this the way you
want
it.

> Dave...
> ---