Re: Cutting PVC trunking cleanly...

Oh, and I've cut many bits of trunking with a manual (cheap) mitre saw
- I find that it can be pretty accurate, even with the cheap, rusty old
blade. Lubricating with WD40 could help too.

This is the type I have:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miter_saw?wasRedirected=true

Paul.

On 13 Dec 2010, at 08:38, "Paul Gale" <groups2@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> If you don't want to spend anything/much, you could always make up a
cutting guide/box.

> All you need is three bits of timber nailed/screwed together to form a
C section (just like the open trunking shape) and so that the trunking is
held securely. Then cut a 45 degree slot in the uprights.

> You then use this as a guide with your existing saw to cut nice neat
45 deg angles (or 90 deg angles with another slot). Pretty easy to make.

> You really need to make sure the saw is sharp though for best results
and has fine teeth / high teeth per inch.

wrote:

>> I decided to take a shot at it today with my existing manual mitre
saw and I have to say it looks a bloody mess. :-)

>> Obviously my old mitre saw has enough slop in it to completely
arse up even a basic 45 degree join so I may have to redo it (I have enough
trunking left I think)...

>> Phil
>>
>> Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...
>>
>> On 12 Dec 2010, at 17:33, Stephen McGarry <stephen@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>> A thought is to make a piece of wood to fit inside the
trunking and support the sides while its being sawn with a mitre
>>> saw. The Evolution saws have a fine blade which cuts less
harshly than standard saws (and they cut nearly everything).

>>> HTH
>>> Stephen

that trunking is tricksy,

of course...