Re: Anyone using Crestron?

As Paul mentioned there is currently a software application that works
with the xAP gateway hardware to map C-Bus groups to screens created on
the iPhone/iTouch using iViewer (commercial app) . It's a little fiddly
to configure but works....

http://www.commandfusion.com.

However... The latest xAP gateway firmware includes direct support for
the iTouch client allowing you to just create buttons that directly link
to C-Bus groups - no PC required.  On / Off / Toggle is supported as
well as sliders either on a per C-Bus group basis - or one slider that
operates the last group changed from the iPhone - allowing you to have
many buttons and one common slider for brightness which is useful to
avoid screen clutter.    I am looking at 'longpress' dimmer style
operation too.   The sliders/buttons synch their state upon connection
and update realtime as C-Bus changes....and it works over GPRS too.

Paul Gale wrote:
> Kevin has an excellent iViewer to CBus software server gateway which
then goes via xAP to his hardware xAP/HV/CB gateway - I must say it works
exceedingly well :) Response times are excellent - almost real time on
interactive slider control and because it's xAP, pretty much all the other
HA data and control can be done from the iPhone too :)

> Paul.

Crestron).

>>  In fact if a slightly bigger version were available , and maybe
just a
>> couple of hard buttons (vol/mute), and a way to auto start or
remain in
>> the
>> touch app -  it would be near perfect.

>> Paul Gale wrote:
>>
>>> So far, the closest I've come to a great portable remote is
using
>>> iViewer on the iPhone/touch - very configurable and can
control the