control lights via telephone

We have about 300 DL05 in our 30 Tech Colleges and I am looking for the
way=
to control lights, air conditioners that are connected to DL05, through a =
telephone from any place in the world. I am thinking to use asterisk
becaus=
e we can add this feature to the PBX. For example if a somebody call to a
h=
ouse or a company, asterisk respond saying if you know the ext. mark it
kno=
w. I suggest that one of the extensions is for the control of lights etc.
a=
nd if you pres this extension it prompts you for a secret code. Ones the
sy=
stem verified the secret code it prompts you to on/off light etc. And send
=
the information to the PLC.=20

I need help on how to comunicate xap protocol with any of the protocols of
=
DL05. Ethernet SDK in a C++ program, for example.

I post on asterisk and they toldme.
a project like this can certainly be done through asterisk, however it
will=
likely require other software be written to handle it... I dont believe th=
e MDMTEL board from auto direct is an IVR.. it is strictly a PC modem so
it=
taks in data carrier only and not voice=20

asterisk can connect modem calls together but in and of itself is a phone
s=
ystem, not an automation controller...=20

I use asterisk in my home to do the things you are talking of, control my
H=
VAC, lights, door latches, cameras etc.. however i have additional
hardware=
and software.. and communicate over TCP/IP using the Xap protocol to my ma=
in automation server...=20

my PLC's are standalone but ultimately are controlled by the main
server...=
asterisk talks to the main server by Xap...=20

example:=20

asterisk dialplan sends me through a voice menu lets say to turn on the
por=
ch light... i am asked first what room I wish to control, then am given a
l=
ist of lightsi n that room and then I can turn on, turn off, or set
brightn=
ess.. this is all done in asterisk... however when I press the key to
"exec=
ute" an external AGI script is called which communicates via Xap to my
main=
server.. which picks it up and turns on the light....=20

asterisk handles the voice interface part of it...=20
you would need to code software to talk to your PLC units based on what
was=
handled in asterisk...=20
2009/5/1 Jose sanchez < sanchezbond007@xxxxxxx direcci=F3n de correo =
electr=F3nico est=E1 protegida contra los robots de spam, necesitas tener
J=
avascript activado para poder verla=20

The next information was written by Greg Kiser.=20

Case 1808: DirectSOFT =96 Control lights via telephone

Hi Jose,
The bottomline is that whatever ends up talking to the DL-PLC, must speak
o=
ne of its protocols.=20

DL05 Serial Protocols (see pg. 4-4 of DL05 manual)
Port1 (RS-232C, 9600 bps fixed)
=95 K-sequence protocol (slave).
=95 Modbus RTU (slave).
=95 DirectNET (slave).
Port2 (RC-232C, 300-38.4Kbps)
=95 K-sequence protocol (slave).
=95 Modbus RTU (master/slave).
=95 DirectNET (master/slave).
=95 Non-sequence / print protocol.

DL05 Ethernet Protocols (Must have H0-ECOM100 installed in DL05 option
slot=
).
=95 ECOM protocol
=95 Modbus TCP (master/slave)

NOTES
=95 K-sequence protocol is proprietary.
=95 DirectNET is open and the manual for it can be downloaded.
=95 There is canned software sold by AutomationDirect that talks these
prot=
ocols to the PLC.
=95 Our freely downloadable Ethernet SDK will talk ECOM protocol to the
H0-=
ECOM100. You can use the Ethernet SDK in a C++ program, for example.

Hope this helps a little more.

Best regards,

www.hosteng.com/Support.htm=20

Post on asterisk forum see important information=20
forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=3D130001#130001
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20