RE: Clipsal integration

> :) It was only the last para meant with any sinicism

I know - apparently I do sarcasm quite well too. ;-)

> I'm genuinely pleased that Cbus is getting recognised by the AV
people.
> love Cbus to bits and its still our prefered control system. We've
> dabled
> with a couple of others, Rako, Anylight, but Cbus is still head and
> shoulders above them for flexibility/programmability and cost - but
you
> know
> that already !!

Me too - I still think it's a fantastic product given what I know of it
from
the inside out as it were and generally it's pretty damn bomb-proof as long
as you follow the rules. (Unfortunately I've seen too many installs where
people who should know better have gone beyond sloppy, careless or cutting
corners, have simply completely ignored all the design rules and have ended
up in trouble and then dragged me in to bail their asses out!)

> I don't think Clipsal UK (as was) or Schneider have done much to
> promote the
> brand as an integratable residential product. Let alone keep
> Integrators
> upto date with new product releases ;)

I'll not disagree but it's just because they're not geared up to do that -
they're a huge multinational corporation and having to actually promote
stuff doesn't really come into their vocabulary. :-D

> I remember a Netstreams training day at least 3 years ago, maybe more,

That was before I left Schneider. ;-)

> and
> was amazed to see a US product with Rako integration out of the box.
> Rako
> seems to have been far more pro-active in ensuring their product
worked
> with
> everybody elses system - Opus/Living Control/Netstreams/Systemline
etc.
> all
> of which have been doing it for years.
>
> I'd love to think that Clipsal/Schneider are responsible for these new
> drivers appearing, but I would hazard a guess not....

Not really - but they're there now so if you want to do a *REALLY*
excellent
sounding multiroom audio system with lighting and heating control
integrated
into it then you know who you need to talk to. ;-)

Phil