Re: Clipsal integration

  • Subject: Re: Clipsal integration
  • From: "JonS" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:57:35 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> > love Cbus to bits and its still our prefered control system.
We've
> > dabled
> > with a couple of others, Rako, Anylight, but Cbus is still head
and
> > shoulders above them for flexibility/programmability and cost -
but you
> > know
> > that already !!
>
> Me too - I still think it's a fantastic product given what I know of
it from
> the inside out as it were and generally it's pretty damn bomb-proof as
long
> as you follow the rules.

> > I'd love to think that Clipsal/Schneider are responsible for
these new
> > drivers appearing, but I would hazard a guess not....
>
> Not really - but they're there now so if you want to do a *REALLY*
excellent
> sounding multiroom audio system with lighting and heating control
integrated
> into it then you know who you need to talk to. ;-)

I know Cbus is highly rated but what is it that is so good, especially in
the realm of AV integration (or heating)?  I know the face plates look
good, but are they just buttons or are there display options too? (as with
EIB/Gira)
Is it ultra smooth dimming, variable & configurable speed, convenient
packages of relays and dimmers?
Is it centrally controlled or distributed?

Thanks
Jon