Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

  • Subject: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:18:45 GMT

In article <578B5AD5-A96E-4A0B-BF84-B6CB0B779FA1@xxxxxxx>, Andy
Powell wrote:
> The black brick uses 433mhz to talk to the display which has a port on
> the back for which you can buy or make a usb cable. You could then use
> my perl little script ( http://blog.automated.it/2009/02/13/current-cost-capers/
>   or http://tinyurl.com/ddol6v )  as a
starting point for populating a
> database. From then on it's all standard web and webish stuff.

Current Cost has now arrived. The display unit will probably be on ebay
soon, even
sooner if I can't work out how to wall mount it.

The wireless signal isn't reaching my computer interface, so I'm going to
have to
either extend the serial cable or the aerial. But I'll then write some
Python to
stuff the data into a rrd database.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire