From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
JonS
Sent: 27 March 2009 19:58
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Clipsal integration

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> > love Cbus to bits and its still our prefered control system.
We've
> > dabled with a couple of others, Rako, Anylight, but Cbus is still
> > head and shoulders above them for flexibility/programmability and
> > cost - but you know that already !!
>
> Me too - I still think it's a fantastic product given what I know of
> it from the inside out as it were and generally it's pretty damn
> bomb-proof as long as you follow the rules.

> > I'd love to think that Clipsal/Schneider are responsible for
these
> > new drivers appearing, but I would hazard a guess not....
>
> Not really - but they're there now so if you want to do a *REALLY*
> excellent sounding multiroom audio system with lighting and heating
> control integrated into it then you know who you need to talk to. ;-)

I know Cbus is highly rated but what is it that is so good, especially in
the realm of AV integration (or heating)?  I know the face plates look
good,
but are they just buttons or are there display options too? (as with
EIB/Gira) Is it ultra smooth dimming, variable & configurable speed,
convenient packages of relays and dimmers?
Is it centrally controlled or distributed?

Thanks
Jon