RE: Re: [OT] 'kin Windows!

> It's the software writers of course - bugger all to do with the
OS they
> have assumed that the "newest" data is the up to date data
and therefore
> that that newest data takes priority even if that newest data is only
newer
> because it's a newly installed machine.

A simple solution for any sync software (Windows/Apple/Nokia/etc) would be
simple 'preview' prompt *before* the sync takes place, prompting what it is
about to do, eg 'you are about to delete x entries from phone, y from PC,
please click OK to proceed'

Touch wood I have never suffered a total loss of contacts in my various
phones over the years, but this it self causes a problem. I now have a
phone
& PC full of 1000+ contacts that I will probably never phone/email/txt,
and
the time to go through them and sort/delete would probably take longer than
to re-add the ones I will :)