Latest message you have seen: Re: 1TB "Green" Drives

RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Oooooo ... I was tempted by those but nearly =A3700 is a bit hard to
swallo=
for personal use. I'm still thinking about a set of T2's though.

The casting process is fantastic - the world caves in on you when your ears
are full of goop!

Phil

Creative
> > HN700 and now a set of the Bose QuietComfort 3 headphones. The
> > difference between the two is quite marked. The Bose are
comfortable
> > wear for long periods of time, the Creative are not. On an
aircraft,
> > they both manage to reduce the background noise level but when
used
> in
> > quieter surroundings, the Creative set have a constant hiss which
is
> > absent from the Bose set.
> >
> > If possible, try the headphones on before buying - especially in
> > quiet
> > room. Decent noise cancelling headphones should be whisper quiet,
the
> > cheap ones just pump out white noise, which works fine on an
aircraft
> > but sounds awful elsewhere and especially during quiet sections
of
> > music.
> >
> > Geoff
> >
> > Paul Gale wrote:
> > > The Bose NC headsets are VERY good - excellent on an
aircraft.

> > > Alternatively, there's the (expensive) option of custom
earphones
> > like:
> > >
> > > http://www.customearphones.co.uk/
> > >
> > > Weren't these discussed here the other day - or was that
another
> > forum?
> > >
> > > Paul.

headphones