Re: Humax 9150T

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I had one of these delivered yesterday and my overall opinion is
"it's
> a heap of crap" but wondered whether I'm being a little harsh.

You probably are :) The UI takes a little getting used to, and you need to
find the 'short cuts', eg pressing 'playlist' button (under slide cover
next
to opt+) will instantly get you to the equivalent of 'now playing' you are
used to on tivo. If you were using a pronto/logitech with tivo, you can
replicate the functionality with the same buttons you used for tivo.

The Humax is pretty good and catching programs that have changed schedule,
IIRC it turns on from standby 15mins brefore its due to start and checks
the
latest freeview+ ota schedule.

Passtrough does require power, I guess it was a design design to have a low
1W standby device. If you have an aeriel dist amp, could you run an
additional feed?

Also if you have noisy fan, there is firmware upgrade next week to fix:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl

HTH

Craig