Re: Humax 9150T

2009/1/10 Craig <craigc.lists@xxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> I had one of these delivered yesterday and my overall opinion is
"it's
>> a heap of crap" but wondered whether I'm being a little
harsh.

> You probably are :) The UI takes a little getting used to, and you
need t=
> find the 'short cuts', eg pressing 'playlist' button (under slide
cover n=
ext
> to opt+) will instantly get you to the equivalent of 'now playing' you
ar=
> used to on tivo. If you were using a pronto/logitech with tivo, you
can
> replicate the functionality with the same buttons you used for tivo.

The Mrs turned in on this morning and was aghast at how useless the UI is.

They really haven't thought about usability and what the end user is
trying to accomplish, the menu is basically one option for recordings
and four items that should be hidden in a settings menu.

It's definitely going back it's not worth the =A3100 odd quid I paid for
it - form factor is great but the usability just isn't good enough for
me.

> Passtrough does require power, I guess it was a design design to have
a l=
ow
> 1W standby device. If you have an aeriel dist amp, could you run an
> additional feed?

Yeh but what's the point in having pass through on a device that needs
to be on for it to work - it's stupid design

Fan's pretty quiet so I guess I've got the latest firmware.

Cheers

Andy