RE: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

I suspect not, - I think the UCM communication protocol only support
single-user operation... I'm not 100% sure with the ethernet ones though
- but aren't they a normal UCM with an extra ethernet daughterboard
mounted on top? - With a serial connection there's no problem - which
ever app starts up first get the COM port assigned to it, the connection
is permanent, and it prevents any other app from accessing it.. - I
could envisage that a network connection might well be more prone to
dropping & re-establishing the connection though, depending on what
protocol is being used, and whether it is a connectionless or a
connection-oriented protocol.... - getting a bit beyond my experience
here though.... - probably one for the Comfort forums...

HTH

Paul G.

your
> > disconnection problems go away...
> >
> > I now have several separate serial UCMs dedicated to each
> application,
> > and I never (touch wood) suffer disconnections between Comfort
&
> > homeseer..
> >
> > Paul G.

Wizcomfort all
> on
> > > the same machine. I have setup a dedicated homeseer user
with
> > Comfort.
> > >
> > > The problem I am finding is that homeseer looses connection
> > Comfort
> > > and I need to restart homeseer for it to pick up the
connection
> > again.
> > >
> > > Now this could be something to do with the other utilities I
am
> > > running on the server. I also remember something about
timeouts so
> > > need to check that all tomorrow night.
> > >
> > > Paul - Thanks for the detailed info on Comfort/Homeseer. I
will
> > have a
> > > play tomorrow
> > >
> > > Ben

> [...]
> [...]