Re: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

Paul

Thats exactly what I am thinking. I am not sure the Ethernet UCM can
multitask/thread.

Ben

On 6 Jan 2009, at  22:02, Paul Gordon wrote:

> I noticed you said you're using an ethernet UCM, - I don't have one of
> those myself, but my first thought is does that support multiple
> client
> connections? - I know with the serial UCM's only 1 application can use
> it at a time, so in the early days when I only had 1 UCM, if
> Homeseer &
> the Comfort plugin was running, then Comfigurator could not
> upload/download to or from Comfort because the COM port was in
> use... -
> perhaps you are seeing issues similar to this? - I guess you could
> test
> this by shutting down all the other applications that connect to
> Comfort
> and run only Homeseer & the plugin for a while & see if your
> disconnection problems go away...
>
> I now have several separate serial UCMs dedicated to each application,
> and I never (touch wood) suffer disconnections between Comfort &
> homeseer..
>
> Paul G.

CBUS
> group
> > > number, - this is taken care of by the CBUS UCM, you don't
need to
> do
> > > anything in Homeseer. So CBUS group address 005 will map
onto
> Comfort
> > > counter 5; any change to the value of CBUS group 5 will (via
the
> CBUS
> > > UCM) automatically set the Comfort counter 5 to the same
value,
> and
> > > this
> > > will then be reflected in the Homeseer device czCounter:005.
If
> you
> > > turn
> > > CBUS group 5 on, you should see the Homeseer device
czCounter:005
> > > change
> > > value to 255, turn it off, you should see it in Homeseer
change
> the
> > > device value to 0. You can use these devicevalue changes as
> triggers
> > > Homeseer events.
> > >
> > > Note that although it might seem counter-intuitive, the
reverse
> > > operation does NOT work. - i.e. changing a comfort counter
value
> > > (either
> > > in Homeseer, or directly in Comfort) does NOT change the
> > corresponding
> > > CBUS group address to the same value. - This is because of
how the
> > > CBUS
> > > UCM works, not anything to do with the plugin or with
Homeseer. -
> > > Basically, Comfort only *tracks* the CBUS group addresses
with its
> > > counters, it does not allow you to control CBUS groups via
its
> > > counters.
> > > Instead there is a specific action in Comfort (197 I think,
but
> it's
> > > obvious if you use Comfigurator). You must call that comfort
> action
> > > with
> > > various parameters to send commands out onto the CBUS from
> Comfort.
> -
> > > Again, you can do this from Homeseer via the plugin, because
one
> of
> > > the
> > > actions made available to Homeseer through the plugin allows
you
> > > run
> > > any Comfort response.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Paul G.

then
> understand

> > plugin
populate the
> correct
think you
> > > *still*
have the plugin actually
> > > create

most of the
since the
> devices
> > > all
1" and so on. -
> Not
> > > sure
> names
> > > you
in the
> CCL, so

> > and
report the
> > > comfort
> > > &
have to set
> the
configuration if
> you

logging in
> the
& jump
> around
> > in
instantaneously
> in
> > > the

'read' your
> comfort
seem to be able to
> > > find

totally wrong!... :-0

plugin, so my
> memory
> > > of
you have to go
> > > through
Homeseer to represent all
> > > your
etc.) - You should end
> up
comfort. - Have you
> done
> > > this

Automation Integration
> and

evenings trying to get
> > > homeseer
useful and I am getting
> no

Comfort plugin.

and retrieve the
> > version

was expecting to be
> > able
got it totally

Cook wrote:

> [...]
support for the plugin is ,
> > > well,

modified plugin ? :-)

found it to be extremely

________________________________

of Ben
> McCormack
Automation Integration and

pjcComfort2 plugin to connect

"Paul Gordon"
> <paul@...>

experience does generally differ
> from
> > > my
the fact that Gareth
> > generally
> > > is
further than I do...

Message-----
19:21
Home Automation Integration
> and

often as we have almost the
> same
and Sonos.

the PC component is as
> flakey
> > > as
been and I've been running
> > > Homeseer

but has a temper now and
> > > again -

all. If you dont mind
> checking
> > > your

fine. I too, like Paul,
> have
> > > CBUS
and the like - and we have to
> > use
between Sonos and Comfort -
> but
> > > it's
of the 2 plugins has died on
> > its

the umpteen time) and try
> > > keep
(ie one but last of the
> Comfort
some extensive QA work -
> > > stability
it's moments, but CBUS has
> > > never

all those choices, with the
thing about it is there is a
comfort, but the downside is
> that
is only suitable for certain
Hometronic system is far better
> in
> > > most
dedicated UCM for it
> > > unfortunately.
attempting to make an arrangement
> > > with
Hometronic UCM, but I've
> heard
so, so I guess that idea
> never
> > > got
Hometronic is, as you've noticed,
you have lots of radiators
> all
on them, although I guess
> you
reduce the initial impact.

sussed, it *is* actually possible
between Hometronic & Comfort,
> > > using
provide digital input/
> outputs
> > > that
outputs/inputs to signal
> discrete
Hometronic (i.e comfort
> could
Hometronic, each signal line
> could
to set a particular
> > "lifestyle"
> > > so
turn off all heating when
> set

the components of the
> system
> > > that
SONOS, Homeseer) and I
> > > actually
as well, and even went as
> > > far as
Unforseen circumstances have
> > > repeatedly
unfortunately, so I still haven't got
> > > round
intend to when circumstances
> > > allow.

experimented with Homeseer,
> its
about to be a new component
> > > launched
for easy implementation of
Touch" is in beta at the moment, and I've
> > been
It is pretty simple &
with Homeseer. It's still a
> bit