RE: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

The CBUS functionality is fairly straightforward... you should now
have
a number of Homeseer devices called czCounter:nnn - 1 for each Comfort
counter you specified, - so probably 256 in total...

Each of those will automatically map to the corresponding CBUS group
number, - this is taken care of by the CBUS UCM, you don't need to do
anything in Homeseer. So CBUS group address 005 will map onto Comfort
counter 5; any change to the value of CBUS group 5 will (via the CBUS
UCM) automatically set the Comfort counter 5 to the same value, and this
will then be reflected in the Homeseer device czCounter:005. If you turn
CBUS group 5 on, you should see the Homeseer device czCounter:005 change
value to 255, turn it off, you should see it in Homeseer change the
device value to 0. You can use these devicevalue changes as triggers to
Homeseer events.

Note that although it might seem counter-intuitive, the reverse
operation does NOT work. - i.e. changing a comfort counter value (either
in Homeseer, or directly in Comfort) does NOT change the corresponding
CBUS group address to the same value. - This is because of how the CBUS
UCM works, not anything to do with the plugin or with Homeseer. -
Basically, Comfort only *tracks* the CBUS group addresses with its
counters, it does not allow you to control CBUS groups via its counters.
Instead there is a specific action in Comfort (197 I think, but it's
obvious if you use Comfigurator). You must call that comfort action with
various parameters to send commands out onto the CBUS from Comfort. -
Again, you can do this from Homeseer via the plugin, because one of the
actions made available to Homeseer through the plugin allows you to run
any Comfort response.

HTH

Paul G.

actually create
> > the
> > numbers of devices specifed...
> >
> > Once that's done, you still have to modify many / most of the
> > devices it
> > creates to customise them for your environment, since the devices
all
> > get created with generic names like "IzZone 1" and so
on. - Not sure
> > if
> > this still applies if you use the CCL file method, as the names
you
> > have
> > given to the zones in Comfort should be available in the CCL, so
> maybe
> > it's smart enough to read zone names as well..
> >
> > I presume you've already configured the connection to the UCM,
and
> > that
> > this is working, - since you said you've seen it report the
comfort
&
> > UCM Version details, this must be OK... You also have to set the
> > plugin
> > status to enabled in the Homeseer interfaces configuration if you
> > haven't done that already...
> >
> > Once all this is done, you should have real-time logging in the
> > Homeseer
> > log of any changes to comfort zones, so if you go & jump
around in
> > front
> > of a PIR, you should see that logged virtually instantaneously in
the
> > Homeseer log...
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Paul G