Re: Any Postgress & MySQL experts in the house?

Perhaps not the answer you're looking for but...

Have you considered using something the RRDTool (
http://www.mrtg.org/rrdtool/index.en.html)
to store the data instead?

It's built for storing time series data, less resource hungry than MySQL
and
can produce pretty graphs fairly easily.

Cheers

Andy

On 1 March 2011 23:42, Vargster <vargster@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've recently installed a solar PV system. The inverter in the system,
> SMA
> SB 3800 is fitted with an RS485 interface to read data out of it.
> So to my problem, the only sensible code I've found to read data uses
> Postgress to store the data.
> Not a major issue, but my main server is already underpowered enough
and
> already runs MySQL, so I don't really want to install/run Postgress on
it.
> This leaves me with having to convert a script to create the Postgress
DB