Re: Fw: Adding CCTV

Hey Paul,

> RIO inputs. I'm assuming that then I can start to use the IO options
on
> each camera property page to configure one relay channel to switch in
> response to each camera seeing motion..

That's exactly right. Make sure all your outputs are either Wet OR Dry,
you can't mix wet and dry contacts on the card.

> I must admit that I'm *already* a little confused by the numerous
> connection options in the GV-NET-IO user guide; - never quite grasped
> why it appears to require *both* the ribbon cable connection to the GV
> card, *and* a serial or USB connection to the PC... - I'm curious as
> what is being provided by each communication path between the two
> devices...

Hmmmm, I must admit I can't honestly remember if we even used the ribbon
cable. I have a niggling feeling we didn't, but it was about a year ago.
IIRC we only used the USB connector. Could be wrong though. The USB
connection when connected will emulate a COM port which is then mapped
to the Geovision software. Now this is where we ran into a little
trouble. We installed everything, all working OK, then added a USB to
COM converter for the UPS. The drivers for the USB to COM converter
completely messed up the NET I/O drivers. What we didn't know, and even
the distributor didn't know was that the Net I/O card uses the same type
of driver as the USB to COM converter. So for heavens sake if you have a
USB to COM converter, install the NET I/O drivers AFTER the converters :D