Re: Fw: Adding CCTV

ROFL :D

I had a great backing from one of the Geovision Distributors here in the
UK.

I must admit, it taught me a hell of a lot. It was a steep learning
curve :D The options can get a little overwhelming, especially when you
start thinking about the interaction between multiple functions and how
they will effect the state of the system. Luckily I have Geovision at
home so I was able to test a lot of software configuration before we
sold it to the customer. I also made sure all I had a damn good play
with it all before we installed it!! It may sound silly but having boxes
and boxes of equipment at my desk, PTZ's, statics, servers, net I/o's,
GSM Gateways, cctv keyboards, panels etc etc... I was like a kid in a
candy store :D

Cheers

Marc

-
> it confuses the hell out of me!
>
> Paul G.

On Behalf
>  > Of Marc Fuller
>  > Sent: 05 February 2009 11:05
>  > To: UKHA Group
>  > Subject: Re: Fw: [ukha_d] Adding CCTV
>  >
>  > I did some contract work for a large construction company.
Adding CCTV
>  > to one of their sites. They asked for the bloody lot! About 30k
worth
>  > of
>  > cctv equipment. We based the lot off of Geovision.
>  >
>  > They had a Net I/O card, inputs detecting PIR movement and
moving PTZ
>  > cameras to focus on the PIR area. Outputs switching on perimeter
>  > lighting.
>  >
>  > Was truly enjoyable installing and setting up and seeing
Geovision
>  > handle it all so well. The latest Geovision software has a
bloody
>  > option
>  > for everything! Love it !
>  >
>  > The only thing they didn't do was the ANPR.. they thought about
it
>  > though and we priced it up.. they just thought it was a bit
> extravagant
>  > for a building site. I loved the thought of getting Geovision to
>  > interact with the ANPR.. opening the automatic gate, recording
> incoming
>  > plates etc.
>  >
>  > Cheers
>  >
>  > Marc
>  >
>  > Note: I don't work for Geovision :D
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Paul Gordon wrote:
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > That's the puppy I'm planning to add... primarily to go the
other
>  > way,
>  > > i.e. to get GV telling comfort when motion is detected etc.
>  > > Last time I looked, these were pretty inexpensive too...
:-)
>  > >
>  > > Paul G.
>  > >
start
05/02/2009 10:45 -----
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Discussion
>  > > > > Main Topic
>  > > > >
>  > > > > ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
>  > > <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
>  > > > > Today 10:10
>  > > > >
>  > > > > .
>  > > > > Subject:
>  > > > > .
>  > > > > [ukha_d] Adding CCTV
>  > > > > .
>  > > > > Category:
>  > > > >
>  > > > > All
>  > > > >
>  > > > > As you have read I have decided to go down the
>  > cbus/comfort/sonos
>  > > and
>  > > > > possibly
>  > > > > homeseer route for my HA system. Things are
progressing well
> but
>  > > > slowly.
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Now I had thought about CCTV in the past but was
never sure but
>  > this
>  > > > > morning I found a
>  > > > > site that has made me rethink
>  > http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp
<http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp>
>  > > <http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp
> <http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp>>
>  > > > > <http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp
> <http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp>
>  > > <http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp
> <http://www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp>>>
>  > > > >
>  > > > > There is a camera at the front door that is
linked to the
>  > doorbell
>  > > > and
>  > > > > also the contact
>  > > > > sensor on the door.
>  > > > >
>  > > > > So it takes a picture and gives the following
readout
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Doorbell pushed On Saturday 31 January 2009 -
19:57:42
>  > > > > Door Opened On 19:57:53  After 11 Seconds  For 8
Seconds
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Now the system to do this is home written so is
not an option
>  > for
>  > > me.
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Has anyone got anything similar working
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Action : Comfort Doorbell pressed
>  > > > > Response : Camera turns on and records for 2 min
or until door
>  > is
>  > > > opened
>  > > > > and closed.
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Any help or pointers appreciated.
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Ben
>  > > > >
>  > > > > ------------------------------------
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Unless stated otherwise above:
>  > > > > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in
England and Wales
>  > with
>  > > > number
>  > > > > 741598.
>  > > > > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour,
Portsmouth,
>  > Hampshire
>  > > > PO6 3AU
>  > > > >
>  > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been
removed]