Re: X10 to Cbus control ?

I guess I could look at supporting the CM12U plugged directly into the
gateway - if people wanted that.. particularly as those users wouldn't
have the HomeVision personality...   My experience on the relaibility of
CM12's hasn't been great though - they seem to lock up from time to time.

Or it would be nice if OPNMax could support some USB serial adaptors...
and personalities for X10 etc...

max barker wrote:
> I use Kevins C-Bus gateway, a CM12U X10 pc interface connected to a pc
> running the xAP X10 connector, and OPNMAX running the logic  to match
> C-Bus state with an X10 state.
> It's pretty stable, two embedded controllers and a pc, needless to say
that
> the pc is the weakest link of the three. I'm planning on moving the
X10
> connecter off the pc and onto the OPNX10 embedded platform.
>
> It's a pretty cost efective way of getting plug adaptor control into
C-Bus,
> the C-bus wireless plug in relays are >£180 compared to
£21 for an X10 plug
> in appliance module.
>
> Max.
>
> 2008/10/20 Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>
>

>>   Here's a few thoughts... of varying complexity/cost - for an all
C-Bus
>> solution then option 1 or 2 might be tidiest...
>>
>> 1) If the security panel has a serial port that reports X10
activity
>> (including local control) then read that into a PAC controller and
>> resend as C-Bus signals...
>>
>> 2) Attach an ordinary X10 computer interface to the serial input
on
>> a PAC and watch for control signals from the panel...resending as
C-Bus

>> 3) My C-Bus gateway along with a HomeVision unit will seamlessly
mix
>> X10 and C-Bus loads, no PC required. C-Bus switches controlling
X10
>> loads and vv. You can also use all HomeVisions macros/actions
scheduler
>> and logic for C-Bus groups.
>>
>> 4) The OPNX10 embedded X10 controller and my C-Bus gateway - (and
>> maybe an embedded xAP controller like OPNMax)
>>
>> 5) Or you could use xAP and the free Windows X10 connector - along
>> with the C-Bus gateway... and any xAP capable HA software
application...

>> 6) I imagine you might be able to do the whole lot with xPL and
just
>> software too, as xPL has a software only C-Bus connector.... via
C-Gate.

>> 7) An automation program like CQC (which I think you use ??) that
>> has a C-Bus plugin.

>> Dean Barrett wrote:
>>
>>> I know it might be a bit odd, but has anyone done X10 to Cbus
control ?

>>> We have a couple of security panels which output X10 signals -
i'm really
>>> keen to somehow interface these to control CBus channel
instead of actual