Re: X10 to Cbus control ?

The CM12U protocol is documented I'm sure but I can't point you to
where
I'm afraid. I'm sure somebody here will know though. There used to be
some tech pages on the main X10 site but you now just get blitzed with
pop up mania.

The PAC capabilities seem to indicate it should be able to do this -
but I'm only basing it on the blurb - I haven't done much with PAC
programming - and nothing at all with the serial port access..

Dean Barrett wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions Kevin.
>
> The panel we use utilises the XM10
> http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=99&category_id=aeb02d0563
> 508713ebb6f1355e2dac46&
>
> I'm guessing solution 2 would work with this ? - I've never used the
PAC for
> anymore than a USB PCI - is there somewhere to read up on how it reads
info
> on the serial port ?
>
> I assume we are talking about connection a CM12 to the PAC, again I
guess
> there is somewhere to read up on what comes out of a CM12 ?
>
> I really want to limit interfaces/equipment, not sure about CQC as
there is
> a Cbus plugin which works great, but no UK X10 ability I believe.
>
> The panel we utilise has a further serial port and a web server,
though no
> documentation on what might be coming out of these....
>
> Any other pointers greatly appreciated.
>

> Dean.

C-Bus
> solution then option 1 or 2  might be tidiest...
>
>     1) If the security panel has a serial port that reports X10
activity
> (including local control) then read that into a PAC controller and
resend as
> C-Bus signals...
>
>     2) Attach an ordinary X10 computer interface to the serial input
on a
> PAC and watch for control signals from the panel...resending as C-Bus
>
>     3) My C-Bus gateway along with a HomeVision unit will seamlessly
mix X10
> and C-Bus loads, no PC required.  C-Bus switches controlling X10 loads
and
> vv. You can also use all HomeVisions macros/actions scheduler and
logic for
> C-Bus groups.
>
>    4) The OPNX10 embedded X10 controller and my C-Bus gateway - (and
maybe
> an embedded xAP controller like OPNMax)
>
>    5) Or you could use xAP and the free Windows X10 connector - along
with
> the C-Bus gateway...  and any xAP capable HA software application...
>
>     6) I imagine you might be able to do the whole lot with xPL and
just
> software too, as xPL has a software only  C-Bus connector.... via
C-Gate.