Re: X10 to Cbus control ?

I use Kevins C-Bus gateway, a CM12U X10 pc interface connected to a pc
running the xAP X10 connector, and OPNMAX running the logic  to match a
C-Bus state with an X10 state.
It's pretty stable, two embedded controllers and a pc, needless to say that
the pc is the weakest link of the three. I'm planning on moving the X10
connecter off the pc and onto the OPNX10 embedded platform.

It's a pretty cost efective way of getting plug adaptor control into C-Bus,
the C-bus wireless plug in relays are >=A3180 compared to =A321 for an
X10 =
plug
in appliance module.

Max.

2008/10/20 Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>

>   Here's a few thoughts... of varying complexity/cost - for an all
C-Bus
> solution then option 1 or 2 might be tidiest...
>
> 1) If the security panel has a serial port that reports X10 activity
> (including local control) then read that into a PAC controller and
> resend as C-Bus signals...
>
> 2) Attach an ordinary X10 computer interface to the serial input on
> a PAC and watch for control signals from the panel...resending as
C-Bus

> 3) My C-Bus gateway along with a HomeVision unit will seamlessly mix
> X10 and C-Bus loads, no PC required. C-Bus switches controlling X10
> loads and vv. You can also use all HomeVisions macros/actions
scheduler
> and logic for C-Bus groups.
>
> 4) The OPNX10 embedded X10 controller and my C-Bus gateway - (and
> maybe an embedded xAP controller like OPNMax)
>
> 5) Or you could use xAP and the free Windows X10 connector - along
> with the C-Bus gateway... and any xAP capable HA software
application...

> 6) I imagine you might be able to do the whole lot with xPL and just
> software too, as xPL has a software only C-Bus connector.... via
C-Gate.

> 7) An automation program like CQC (which I think you use ??) that
> has a C-Bus plugin.

> Dean Barrett wrote:
> > I know it might be a bit odd, but has anyone done X10 to Cbus
control ?

> > We have a couple of security panels which output X10 signals -
i'm real=
ly
> > keen to somehow interface these to control CBus channel instead
of actu=
al