Re: In wall Conduit

thanks tim

yup its on an x10 dimmer module.  Think its about 18w per metre and i put
about 5-6 metres in.  I rarely dim it though, just keep it at full
brightness.  The only thing is they get warm so you might want to remember
that if you run it around a TV with vents.  the Ikea LEDS run quite cool
and
work well on the back of the tv.

The good thing with a floating wall is the lack of conduit, i could drop a
laptop through the hole where the cables are :)

Stu

<timsyahoo@xxxxxxx<timsyahoo%40googlemail.com>

> > > It's ok, it was a purely selfish question re: screen &
bracket - I'm
> > > looking for a bracket too :-)
> > > I'm tempted by this one. The reviews are ok, but it just
seems *too*
> > > cheap... I've got a 40" Sony and there are plenty of
Sony owners in
> > > the reviews so it may be ok.
> > > http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RIXEVW
> > >
> > > Do you have to pull the cable round the corners in one go,
or do you
> > > have access to the corners?
> > > For me, I can get to each corner so have only put trunking
in for the
> > > straight run in the plaster.
> > >
> > > Depending on the connector size you could probably pull the
3 hdmi at
> > > once, if the connectors are staggered down the length, and
you can get
> > > to the corners/bends.
> > >
> > > The other thing I did was to fit the cables into the
trunking while it
> > > was exposed in the wall and then clip the lid on, i.e.
before
> > > plastering. At worst, you could cut the connectors off to
pull the
> > > cable out for an upgrade later.
> > >
> > > There are some pics of my retrofit in the "Tim
Hawes" album on yahoo
> > > (UKHA group area).
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > Tim.
> > >
> > > On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Robert James
> > <rob68james@xxxxxxx
<rob68james%40hotmail.com><rob68james%
> 40hotmail.com>>

bracket yet (again open
> > > suggestions).

> > > needs to be big enough to run these cables including
connectors on the
> > HDMI.
> > > The run will not be straight either, so I will need
something without
> > right
> > > angles as I assume these will be quite hard to pull through.
If I do

--
Stu Worrall
stu.worrall@xxxxxxx