Re: Popcorn Hour

Superficially it looks very similar to the device I asked about last
November

http://www.ukha-archive.com/ml/ukhad/2007-nov/msg00302.html

which after a week or so I bought. Shame. I started well, with photos of
the boxes - the famed unpacking shots favoured here. Mark is right -
writing reviews is hard work and by the time I'd set it up and done
tests I wasn't very impressed. At the moment it is a bookend.

The issues that I had with that were:-
(1) Hard Drive - single partition only - can't be used by USB at the
same time, Why ?
(2) 8.3 names ! Makes finding a file v.hard
(3) Sync - bad sync problems with avi's
(4) UI from the 80s
but it does playback stuff reasonably well when you get there.

But this looks much better.... similar in size to a simple ICYBOX
external HD case but more flexible. Too expensive for a punt without
trusted peer reviews (that's you lot) but it looks like it will do what
I want....

So in the absence of the Tranquil WHS TV machine mentioned here before
but the final version un-googlable I fancy a low power machine with TV
card recording - this playing and maybe Torrenting.

Fills my requirement for a networkable player (my Haupauge MVP is good
but the UI is outdated).

Simon

In message
<OF1A9C45FC.B448CDEC-ON8025744F.0066D4C8-8025744F.0066E692@xxxxxxx>,