RE: Re: MS Server OS's : Don't get it

Yes, - that's a good point about app compatability... - I'm referring
mostly to the technical compatability between the platforms... - it is
still of course a possibility that whilst an app might very well install
& run without any problems, app vendors are of course at liberty to
choose only to offer support on particular windows platforms.

It's also quite possible / likely that an app vendor might go the extra
step & explicitly *disallow* the installation of their software on
certain versions... - this isn't usually due to any technical
incompatabilies - 9 times out of 10 it will be because they have a
different (i.e. more expensive) version of the same app that they want
you to buy instead...

I'd wager in those cases, it's probably exactly the same code! - except
for 1 line:

IF %WINDOWSVERSION% = "Server 2003" THEN PermitInstall=False
or some such ...

:-)

Paul G.

OS