RE: Re: MS Server OS's : Don't get it

> So just to confirm, XP applications are fully compatible with MS
> Windows Server 2003 / 2008 ?

I would check with the application vendor if they support the server OS
first. I would try to run on what most of the other users are running on
for
each particular app, probably XP. I you go outside the norm, you may have
additional issues with the apps.

Also, some applications have a higher price tag if you want to run them on
windows 'server' OS, eg Anti Virus software, etc.

The other option is to run multiple OS's using virtualisation. I personally
run Windows 2003 x64 + VMware server, with XP (& Linux) VMs for
specific HA
apps. It means I can evaluate new apps & test new versions of apps
without
the risk of breaking the 'production' HA server apps.