Re: Remote audio for voice recognition?

I'm going to try a 'signal compressor' - see thread below
http://www.automatedliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3D3204&highlight=3Dm=
ixer
They are coming in @ =A370. Hopefully will improve success.
I have the SCM810 Mixer with the pzm10/11 mics. Its reasonably successful,
but I have not tweaked it. Using with  mics in situ at light height in
kitchen and bathroom.
The dilema is highlighted by if in the lounge i have a ceiling mike - I
als=
have ceiling speakers - imagine shouting at the mic to lower the volume on
the amp!!

2008/6/13 Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx>:

> I put all of my Crown mics at light switch height on various walls -
> definitely got the best results that way.
>
> I think (from a very rusty memory) my Shure mixer has the ability to
inpu=
> a signal to use as an anti phase signal to cancel out some noise - I
did
> think a lot about this a long time ago but never got very far. I was
> thinking of inputting the main signals being played into the room
(i.e.
> sky/radio/DVD etc) but it'd soon get complicated and I'm not sure how
clo=
se
> the clean signals would be compared to the modified frequencies and
> amplitudes etc once played into a room?
>
> Paul.

several years
> > ago -
> > > has it got much better (and are there many major new changes
in the
> > upcoming
> > > version)?
> > >
> > > Cheers,