Remote audio for voice recognition?

Hello, everyone, I am new to this group... And this is my first
question:

Here's is (the portion of) the setup I'm planning:
- HTPC in the living room, running SqueezeCenter along with xPL apps
- microphone connected through USB on the living-room ceiling for
voice control of the HTPC (and possible ZWave modules in the future)
- Chumby located in the bedroom for quick news and as a Squeeze player

The piece of the puzzle I'm missing is: how to voice-control
SqueezeCenter (and possibly ZWave modules) from the bedroom?

Running VR app on the Chumby is rather incovenient - voice profiles
and grammars will be on the Win HTPC, so configuring VR for Linux will
double the effort, besides Chumby may not have enough processing power...

On the other hand, it comes equipped with a mic, so it might stream
audio in some way to the PC, but using it in VR is another matter
completely (most VR apps, including xPL VR module, allow for selection
of only one sound input (sound card)).

Another option is to use a wireless microphone, but they are somewhat
pricey...

Any other solutions I have missed?