Latest message you have seen: Re: What did Santa Bring?

RE: [ot] Setting screen res for a mac mini and Hyundai A321

Hopefully a dumb question but the movie you are watching *IS* a 16:9
movie
and not a 2.35:1 aspect movie isn't it? If it's a 2.35:1 (which a lot of
movies are) then you will still have black bars top and bottom...

If you watch a 16:9 feed on a 16:9 screen it should fill the whole screen
with the screen set to a 1:1 pixel map, with a 4:3 feed on the same screen
you should have black bars left and right and with a 2.35:1 feed you should
have black bars top and bottom.

Phil

Hyundai
> A321
> >

> > Hi all,
> > I've borrowed my new Mac Mini from the office and have been
playing
> with
> > the osxbmc - now known as Plex (http://www.osxbmc.
> <http://www.osxbmc.com/>
> > com/) over the
> > weekend, Must say - this is sweet! - haven't found yet a film
type
> that
> > is doesn't play, the interface is nice - connecting to net shares
> works
> > etc.... Anyways I've got it connected to a Hyndai A321 (sometimes
> known
> > as a Q321) via the VGA socket. For some reason DVI doesn't
display.
> The
> > problem being I cant get the Mac to use the native resolution of
the
> tv
> > (1366x768). I've downloaded SwitchResX and installed that on the
Mac
> and
> > attempted to add some new resolutions for the TV but to no avail.
> >
> > SwitchResX has a few options for adding a resolution that are
past
> the
> > simple x by y screen size - my guess is I havnt got the
combination