Latest message you have seen: Re: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

[ot] Setting screen res for a mac mini and Hyundai A321

  • Subject: [ot] Setting screen res for a mac mini and Hyundai A321
  • From: Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:41:20 +0100

Hi all,
I've borrowed my new Mac Mini from the office and have been playing with
the osxbmc - now known as Plex (http://www.osxbmc.com/) over the
weekend, Must say - this is sweet! - haven't found yet a film type that
is doesn't play, the interface is nice - connecting to net shares works
etc.... Anyways I've got it connected to a Hyndai A321 (sometimes known
as a Q321) via the VGA socket. For some reason DVI doesn't display. The
problem being I cant get the Mac to use the native resolution of the tv
(1366x768). I've downloaded SwitchResX and installed that on the Mac and
attempted to add some new resolutions for the TV but to no avail.

SwitchResX has a few options for adding a resolution that are past the
simple x by y screen size - my guess is I havnt got the combination
worked out. Was just wondering if anyone has had any luck doing this?

Cheery
Wayne.