Re: Photos of Home Automation

For PC Control, there's also the Harmony 2007 CBUS Component - -
requires a
PAC (USB PC Interface to CBUS Network).  As with all Harmony Components, it
provides full interaction with Harmony Core - so, for example, X10, Dupline
or ByeByeStandby events can trigger Cbus events, and vice versa.

Additionally, all Harmony GUIs (Windows, Web, MCE, PDA/Mobile Phone) - will
update simultaneously to reflect true state of device(s).

(Yes, Ive been *very* involved with Harmony :) )

Rob

2008/7/19 Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx>:

> There's also a very good wireless gateway available that then opens up
the
> use of wireless switches and lamp dimmer modules etc - good for retro
fit or
> areas that don't have a 'pink' network!
>
> Paul.

(thereby
> > not
> > > having to run another pink cable back to node0?)
> >
> > 100% Correct
> >
> > s the others have said you can get various interfaces to cbus - I
have
> > chosen to link cbus to the Comfort alarm system, yesterday I got
the 2
> > talking and now when a zone on the alarm goes off (ie PIR detects
> > someone) and light in a room comes on. To me being able to do
> > something like this is a basic building block.
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > On 19 Jul 2008, at 10:22, Wayne wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for that Ben,
> > > Hope you didnt mind :)
> > >
> > > If I'm understanding this all then, the star topology is
only for the
> > > connections of the 240v side of things where each comes back
to the
> > > control unit, any 'switch' or cbus controller then sits on
this (and
> > > guess this is where the name comes from) cbus 'lan' - almost
like the
> > > old ethernet coax networking - wouldn't at all surprise me
if you had
> > > terminators at each end of the 'pink' network :)
> > > By this same thought - if you wanted to say add another
switch - find
> > > the nearest pink cable, break into it and add the switch?
(thereby
> > not
> > > having to run another pink cable back to node0?)
> > >
> > > Just back to the kit list - how many separate light circuits
could
> > > that
> > > dimmer handle?
> > >
> > > I guess to program this from your armchair so to speak is
like
> > > creating
> > > virtual links based on events from switches - 'switch gets
pressed in
> > > kitchen -> toggle controller 1 - output 1 and output 2
(two lights in
> > > kitchen :))' and I guess on the same event - these events
could get
> > > fired from the lan interface as well - pc control etc (
'dial in to
> > > home
> > > asterisk phone system with mobile - input pin - turn on
lights /
> > > heating
> > > ?' - warm when we get home :) )
> > >
> > > Thanks again,