Re: [OT] : Graphics card advice wanted...

you may be joking about sticking with the existing card for now - -
but - -
why not?? as long as the new motherboard will accommodate it, you've got
nothing to lose - - and if you find out that the graphics subsystem is a
bottle neck, then it's time to re-visit the graphics card minefield!

.....stating the obvious I guess :s

R.

On 20/04/2008, Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Graphics cards are a bloody minefield - especially if you're trying
> build
> a quiet PC as "meaty" cards are difficult to cool passively
and require a
> decent airflow over the heatsinks which is kinda the thing you *DON'T*
> have
> on a quiet PC!
>
> I found a couple of BIIIIIG Ati Saphire Radeon HD 2900XTs for sale on
eba=
> at =A3150 (so far) which were =A3200 each from Overclockers six months
ag=
> which
> have big fansinks on them but are supposed to be silent - I'm even
tempte=
> to give those a shot but haven't ATi been taking a bit of a battering
> nVidia recently?
>
> My current card is an ATi Radeon 2400 which is passively cooled and is
> *SUPPOSED* to be OK for HiDef playback but my current processor isn't
up
> it - maybe I should just stick to that for now? :-D
>
> Phil

Fz