RE: [OT] : Graphics card advice wanted...

Graphics cards are a bloody minefield - especially if you're trying to
buil=
a quiet PC as "meaty" cards are difficult to cool passively and
require a
decent airflow over the heatsinks which is kinda the thing you *DON'T* have
on a quiet PC!

I found a couple of BIIIIIG Ati Saphire Radeon HD 2900XTs for sale on ebay
at =A3150 (so far) which were =A3200 each from Overclockers six months ago
=
which
have big fansinks on them but are supposed to be silent - I'm even tempted
to give those a shot but haven't ATi been taking a bit of a battering to
nVidia recently?

My current card is an ATi Radeon 2400 which is passively cooled and is
*SUPPOSED* to be OK for HiDef playback but my current processor isn't up to
it - maybe I should just stick to that for now? :-D

Phil