Re: Re: Data Backup and Folder Sync - Dropbox

Hi Simon,

This isn't exactly what you specced, but whenever the topic of secure
offsite backup comes up, especially on UKHA (Where cost is king ;) ) - - I
feel obliged to mention http://www.carbonite.com

Lightweight PC client that backs up selected files/folders over an
encrypte=
connection to a remote hosted server, where it's mirrored (on disk) and
between redundant data centres - such that it would take a BIG disaster for
all copies to be lost.

It runs whenever your internet connection is idle, and is very much
"set an=
forget".

Prices are very reasonable @ ~=A325/Year for unlimited storage space, and
t=
hey
offer a 15 day free trial too.

Initial backup may take some time (limited by your upstream bandwidth), but
after that, it just takes differentials, so it's pretty nippy.

I've mentioned it a few ties in the past, and I know other members have
found it useful.

no affiliation etc - just a happy customer.

If, however, you'd like to use my referral link to sign up, you get an
extr=
month free, and I get some additional free time too ;-)

referral link : https://www.carbonite.com/manage/raf.aspx?computeruid=3D185=
056

Cheers,

Rob

On 20/04/2008, Simon Pawson <SimonP1234@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> That looks an interesting find. I may use it.
>
> I find it hard to explain what I want: -
>
> I'd also be interested in software that would copy a list of a
directory
> of files to a set of directories/disks filling each 4Gb space then,
then
> copying the next files on the list to the next 4Gb etc. The idea is
that
> the 4Gb "disks" are actually Truecrypt containers and each
will be burnt
> to 3 generation set of DVD-RWs and one set taken to work. The idea
being
> that my family photos etc. will be saved, in encrypted form and off
> sited. As they are encrypted I don't have to worry about my photos
being
> handed round work...
>
> Hope that makes sense.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon
>
> In message <ftgetc+rdo0@xxxxxxx
<ftgetc%2Brdo0%40eGroups.com>>, Allan
> Smith
> <yahoo@xxxxxxx <yahoo%40the-smiths.co.uk>> writes
>

> >To add to the list I use Cobian backup. http://www.cobian.se/
> >
> >Allows scheduled backups, incrementals, writes CD/DVD's and
supports
> >remote FTPing as well as on local shares. It is now Opensource.
> >Regards
> >Allan
> >
> >--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mark
Golledge=
"
> <markgolledge@...>
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm looking at options for data backup and folder sync. I
> >currently use a
> >> number of PC's both at work and home and am looking at
available