[OT] Can some explain why computers die?

  • Subject: [OT] Can some explain why computers die?
  • From: "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:43:19 +0100

I have a P4 3ghz which I built in 2004.

It has been great. Runs all the stuff I need perfectly I don't really
need any upgrades.

Recently it has been having problems - crashing etc. So I bought a new
hard disk and reinstalled Win XP.

It worked for a bit, but now it won't even start windows it just hangs
at the loading windows logo.

What is it with electronics? Do manufacturers put a shelf life on
their products so that they die after a set number of years? I had a
dell as well which after 3 years just gave up the ghost and would not
longer work either. Same with my TFT 4 years later it is dead.

Whereas my old CRT was going strong after 8 years!

Oh well looks like a new computer is required :-(

Ho Yin