RE: Re: Whole House Rennovation Automation Plans - Have I got it right?

> I don't have a Homevision, so I can't comment on the friendliness
of
> the
> programming, or the automation capabilities in terms of the
"space"
> available. Comfort certainly has enough programmability (responses, IR
> commands, counters, timers, variables, etc. etc. etc.) for my needs.

I have both - and with a bit of programming, they complement each other
VERY well indeed - all the plusses of Comforts alarm features and the
advanced flexibility of HomeVision's programming and I/O :) I'd say go for
both if you can afford it!!!

> Comfort also integrates very well with a PC, via a standard UCM
(either
> RS232 or Ethernet). Using this interface it's possible to open up
> comfort (and thus everything else connected to it), to a full, rich PC
> environment, so you can integrate it with the web, IM, email, etc.
etc.
> I use Homeseer for this additional layer, which has a very good
> integration plugin for Comfort. This is the component that enables me
> integrate SONOS into the mix... SONOS talks uPnP, which neither
Comfort
> nor CBUS understand, but Windows does... Thus I go from a CBUS switch,
> into Comfort, then into Homeseer, which then issues SONOS commands. -
> thus I use CBUS switches to start/stop playback in various rooms.

Homeseer is pretty good - can potentially not be 100% reliable though
depending on what plugins etc you have installed - although it's not bad at
all. Another aspect I have is MainLobby/WebLobby/MusicLobby etc which
enables a rich touchscreen reporting and control interface - something that
is often missing in HA systems.

signature database 3031 (20080416) __________

http://www.eset.com