Re: Re: RAM speeds/specs

Brian, Dom,

Many thanks for your suggestions/info. My specific mobo model number
isn't listed on the Crucial site but I have followed up with an email
enquiry. Kingston were less than helpful - they wanted me to send them
the specs so they could tell me which ram would be suitable. If I knew
that... d'uh...

Having slept on this some more, it may be that my current desktop has
compatible memory, so that could be in-line for an upgrade to free-up
RAM for this other mobo :-D

Cheers,

Tim.

wrote:

> > I'm 99% sure it'll step down to what ever the motherboard will
support.
> > Have you looked at Crucial's website?  You can put the
motherboard
> details
> > in and it'll tell you what memory is supported.  You don't
> necessarily need
> > to buy their memory but I find it useful to double check the
specs
> of what
> > you need to buy.

Can I