Re: Re: Cheap ceiling speakers

Thanks Neil,

Artcoustic was one of the names I found - I bought a self-build mag
just before holiday and Mrs H liked the the idea of picture frames
etc. I found a price when I got back and although =A31500 per pair isn't
the most expensive pair of speakers I've seen, it's more than I was
hoping to pay... They do look very good though and it's nice to hear
(sorry!) that they sound good too.

"Ceiling speakers will make the lounge look like an airport..."
she said.
I protested and said you can't see the lear jet or helicopter from
downstairs, but it was no use... ;-)

There are also the speakers you build into stud walls and finsh over
(i.e. these http://www.stealthacoustics.com/pages/install.htm).
They
don't look suitable for a plaster skim finish and I wonder how they'd
perform in a ceiling...

Cheers,

Tim.

On 9/5/07, Neil Ball <neilball@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you mean Artcoustic then yes, been in more than a few customers
houses
> that have them and they do sound very good. Not cheap though! They are
mu=
ch
> more discrete than any other kind of speaker once you have photos or
artw=
ork
> over the grilles, only those people who own them or have seen them
before
> would recognise them as speakers and generally only if they were
making a
> sound.
>

> Regarding ceiling acne then I can understand what she means - in our
bedr=
oom
> we have 8 low voltage downlighters, 2 out of 5 ceiling speakers
installed
> plus the hole house ventilation terminal as well. In other rooms there
ar=
> ceiling speakers, ventilation terminals, downlights & smoke
alarms. IMO y=
ou