RE: LinITX touchscreen

Thanks Nick. A couple of leads for me to investigate then... :-)

Even a 1.2GHz processor represents a 20% increase over what I have now,
plus as you say, no doubt the newer boards have better performing
subsystems that all add to the overall improvement. I currently only
have 512MB RAM in it, but since it only has a single DIMM slot, not so
easy to upgrade that... - I checked my "spares bin" and found at
least 4
512MB modules, but nothing larger...

Fanless would be nice. - the M10000 isn't fanless as you know, but it is
fairly quiet. I am planning to place this machine behind my bed
headboard however, so I'll be fairly close to any noise it makes!! (It's
a built-in box headboard, so not completely open, and does provide a
reasonable amount of sound dampening, so not quite as bad as it sounds).

The Tino is "too good" for this application. It's going to be
completely
hidden in what is effectively a cupboard that almost never gets opened.
- I could nail a mobo & PSU to a piece of MDF if need be... it would be
a complete waste to spend lots on a nice ali case... And that being the
case, I suppose it doesn't actually have to be a tiny mobo at all... - a
full size ATX could be accommodated just as easily... (Don't suppose
there's anything fanless except the mobile Pentiums?)...

Hmmm.... decisions, decisions...

Paul G.

CCTV
> > server over a set of KAT5's, convert to composite, & connect
video
> > input on the screen, or, more likely, I'll just run one of the
> Geovision
> > remote apps to view the cameras).
> >

> Hmmm "Acceptably well" is a tricky one - what I accept as
reasonable