LinITX touchscreen

I have one of the aforementioned widescreen 7-inch LinITX
touchscreens,
which I'm running off a LinITX mobo, - a VIA EPIA M10000 Nehemiah model.

All is working fine except for one thing, - I can't get a 1:1 pixel
mapping desktop resolution.

The screen is 800x480 native resolution. The graphics driver for the
onboard unichrome chipset offers a 640x480 or an 800x600 (i.e. 4:3
ratio) desktop resolutions, but doesn't offer any widescreen aspect
ratio resolutions.

I'm guessing that my options are:

Check VIA for updated drivers, & see if there are any that have wide
resolutions (doing that now).

Live with it

Try to use Powerstrip to create a custom resolution

I can't really add a better graphics card, because the board only has a
single PCI interface, plus I've got it in one of the tiny travla cases
which doesn't allow that slot to be used anyway.

In the continued absence of the widgetstation, I'm planning for this
combo to be my bedside HA interface and alarm clock.

Anyone got any other suggestions...

PS, it rather looks like the new graphics drivers I DL'd from VIA have
completely hosed the machine.... L

Paul G.