RE: LinITX touchscreen

Thanks Nick! - I guess that finally convinces me of what I'd already
more-or-less decided, - that this M10000 board just doesn't have the
"horses" to run XP with acceptable responsiveness.

What's the lowest power option these days to run XP acceptably well? -
the machine is more or less exclusively to provide the bedside
touchscreen for the HA interface. As such, it will probably spend most
of its life running the yet-to-be-released Homeseer touch application,
although there will undoubtedly be other apps in occasional use too...
SONOS desktop controller, CCTV viewing, (not sure how yet, - i.e.
whether to attempt to pipe the TV-out S-video signal from the CCTV
server over a set of KAT5's, convert to composite, & connect to video
input on the screen, or, more likely, I'll just run one of the Geovision
remote apps to view the cameras).

I'm also considering using it to provide DVD playback to the bedroom TV,
playing ripped DVDs off the media server (it's either that or getting a
KISS network DVD player that can do the same).

I'm probably going to try to build a cut-down XP install, to get rid of
all the redundant stuff (probably using nLite). I'm also going to use
either a laptop 2.5" HDD, or I may even look at using a CF card
instead,
(and thus running with no swapfile). I'll be using a silent graphics
card... Because it's going to be running 24/7, and I'm probably NOT
going to want to let it use any power-saving features (can't have a
30-second wait for the machine to wake up just to use the touchscreen!),
I Want to make it as low-powered as possible.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Paul G.

4:3