Re: LinITX touchscreen

Paul Gordon wrote:
> Thanks Nick! - I guess that finally convinces me of what I'd already
> more-or-less decided, - that this M10000 board just doesn't have the
> "horses" to run XP with acceptable responsiveness.
>
> What's the lowest power option these days to run XP acceptably well? -

> Any advice?

FWIW XP runs fine on a mobile core/core 2 duo. There are some ULV
variants as well now, with TDPs around 5-10W - although I've not seen a
m/b that uses them yet.

Adding any sort of card almost always raises the power consumption, so
try and find a m/b that integrates as many of the functions that you
need into the chipset (ie graphics, disk I/O, networking etc).

Jim