[OT] Broadband Router Setup

Hi guys,

I hope you might be able to give me some words of wisdom.

Spent all day yesterday trying to setup my parents wireless router
(Netgear DG834G). Have setup this at my own home so thought it
couldn't be too hard - how wrong I was!!

They've got broadband with Freeserve (now Orange, previously Wanadoo).

There are 3 PCs in the house (one LAN connected to the router, the
other two wireless).

I've wanted to give them a fixed IP address so have gone to Network
Connections / properties of the wireless connection and then typed the
following (obviously different ip for each PC):

192.168.0.2
255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1

Preferred DNS: 195.92.195.94
Alternate DNS: 195.92.195.95
(not sure about DNS as I can't find anything about these for Freeserve
- just googled and found these).

Since they are using Freeserve, I don't believe I can fix the external
ip address so on the router settings I've had to set to 'get
dynamically from isp' and dns is also 'get dynamically from isp'.

Strange thing is is that the lan networked pc connects fine but the
two wireless ones keep unconnecting from the internet (although they
appear to be connected wirelessly).

Any ideas?