RE: [OT] Projector Question / Media Server

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Projector Question / Media Server
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:05:23 -0000

It has a 1024 x 768 panel which means that to get a 16:9 image it will run
in letterbox mode which will give you two big grey rectangles - one above
and one below your image. Running in letterboxed mode you will have roughly
600 vertical lines of resolution which means that it won't be able to
display *EITHER* of the two hi-def formats without scaling the image.

It doesn't have HDMI or component video inputs (according to the specs I've
seen on it) and as far as I can tell from a quick Google the DVI input that
it has doesn't support HDCP either so if you hook it to your Sky HD box
(when it comes out) you'll probably only get standard definition through
it.

If it does have component video (and it may have on a mini-DIN connector
that I haven't been able to find the specs on yet) then you should be able
to feed it a hi-def feed from the SkyHD box but it will still be
downsampled
to a lower resolution by the projector itself...

Phil